In keeping consistency with schools, recreational facilities, and our community partners across the province, all Ignite Circus programming is suspended until further notice. Practicing circus is all about calculated risk taking, and COVID-19 is pretty risky business, especially for our most vulnerable populations.
If you have a special event or workshop booking that will be affected by this forced closure please email us at email@example.com and we will work together to come up with a solution.
For our Social Circus students & volunteers: our time together during our weekly classes will be missed during this period of isolation for sure. If you find yourself struggling during this time like many of us are, Channal’s warmline is available for peer support at 1-855-753-2560, and Eastern Health has issued the following statement regarding their mental health services below:
- Doorways locations throughout the region will continue to offer services. We ask people to call ahead to discuss options.
- Mobile crisis response teams, and the ACT Team located at Major’s Path will continue to provide services.
- All Mental Health and Addictions Program clients with booked appointments will be contacted and offered telephone sessions where possible
For our fellow artists, times are tough but you are not alone. These great resource for artists and cultural workers have been sent my way. As always, awe and admiration is due for the resiliency our local artists have within themselves and the love and support within our community is what will see us through this. In hopes that the information might help others, I’m adding the links here too:
- Resources for Canadian artists, writers and media workers during COVID-19 shutdowns
- Putting People First: COVID-19 and the Canada Council for the Arts
- Cultural Artists Plan for Emergencies – CAPE Fund
- Online AA meetings are also available here if you require this support during the pandemic.
- A comprehensive directory of provincial mental health service